Real estate is one of the single largest investments in a person’s lifetime. Because our homes are a personal space, homeowners are more likely to renovate their homes because they have the ability to customize their existing home to their liking. In many cases it’s more inexpensive to remodel per square foot, than it is to purchase new. There’s a lot to be said for renovating your existing home versus starting over.
Today, we’re going to discuss the top three spaces we feel are the top three rooms to renovate in a home today:
Kitchens always top the list, due to the aging design and a dated layout of a kitchen, being able to customize the space to the homeowners liking is a major factor as well as functionality. Also, over long periods of time design trends change, as do the style and design of most homes.
Here’s a few ideas for kitchen renovations:
- A customizable design and layout
- Cosmetic changes (aging materials, appliances, cabinetry, adding an island etc.)
- Creating adequate space
- Creating traffic flow that makes sense
- Improving overall efficiency of the space
- Think about resale when renovating, and not overspending
Bathrooms have become a place to spend time and relax, one of the main reasons people renovate bathrooms are, the original functionality may not serve the current homeowners as intended. Increasing the overall space, whether it be creating the bathroom of your dreams (major overhaul) or adding additional storage, closets or higher quality finishes these all add additional value to your space:
- Cosmetic changes (Both major and minor)
- Improve overall efficiency
- Expand the existing bathroom area
- Doing high-quality renovations will increase your resale appeal and as well as the value of your home
Outdoor space is important to us in SWFL with our ideal sunny weather! Having the advantage to utilize outdoor space increases the livability of homes
outdoor space. Adding a welcoming outdoor space to your home, not only adds value to the home, but also increases the homes entertaining options, which can be endless. An outdoor space can be transformed from a basic state to an entertaining hub of the home, remember there’s no such thing as too much comfort!
Examples of excellent outdoor spaces:
- Infinity edge pool & sunken spa
- Sun deck with a fire element
- Outdoor kitchen
- Covered outdoor living space with outdoor furniture
- Outdoor fireplace
It’s very important to note, when doing any renovations to the exterior of your home, if you live in a homeowner’s association, check with the HOA’s board before any improvements are made.
KTS Homes is a major builder in several of Southwest Florida’s finest communities in both Collier and Lee counties. Founder and partner, Scott Kish II combines his talents as architect and builder to ensure all homes meet specific design standards, as well as being quality constructed.